Billing Department staff are available to help assist in payment options. You may contact our Billing Department at 888-323-2706 if you have questions regarding your statement or questions about your insurance plan.
Accepted insurances are:
- Medicare (please contact us for verification of Medicare Advantage Plans)
- CHP+ Plans
- Commercial Plans (please contact us for verification of your plan)
When you provide the following information, Valley-Wide will bill your insurance company. This information will be collected at the time of each visit.
- Insurance card
- Complete name and address of insurance company
- Subscriber number
- Group number
- Name of policy holder
You are expected to pay your copayment at the time of service. You are responsible for any deductible, coinsurance or non-covered services per your insurance.
Patients who are uninured or underinsured are asked to pay at the time of service. If a patient has trouble paying in full at the time of service, he or she can meet with a Patient Representative for assistance in setting up a payment plan. Low-income patients may qualify for public assistance programs. We will connect you with one of Valley-Wide’s financial eligibility assistance team.
Financial Assistance Program Information
Valley-Wide’s financial eligibility assistance team can provide information and application assistance for the following programs listed below. You can call and make an appointment with an eligibility specialist or ask the front desk staff to connect you with an eligibility specialist at the time of your appointment. All programs are based on household size and household income.
- Sliding Fee Discount Program (SFDP):A federal program for qualified healthcare providers for households at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). The Sliding Fee Discount program bases the amount you pay for Valley-Wide services you receive on your household size and income. This program is available to everyone regardless of insurance status for dental, physical therapy, medical and behavioral health appointments. Learn more about the program here.
- Medicaid: A state/federal program that provides healthcare coverage for children, parents, adults without children and pregnant women who are financially eligible. For existing Medicaid members, please remember to renew Medicaid before it expires for uninterrupted access to health care services. Also, ask about the new adult dental benefits. Note that Colorado Medicaid changed its name to Health First Colorado in 2016. Patients can apply on their own for this or can make an appointment to see a Valley-Wide eligibility specialist for application assistance.
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+): A state program that provides healthcare coverage for children and pregnant women who are not eligible for Medicaid and who meet other criteria. The plan covers primary care, emergency care/urgent care, hospital services, dental care, prescriptions, immunizations, maternity care and behavioral health care. Patients can apply on their own or can make an appointment to see a Valley-Wide Eligibility Specialist for application assistance.
To apply for Medicaid and CHP+ online please go to the Program Eligibility and Application Kit (PEAK) website www.colorado.gov/PEAK
Health Insurance Marketplace
Open enrollment to sign up on the Health Insurance Marketplace and purchase a health plan through Connect for Health Colorado begins November 1st. Valley-Wide Health Systems’ Certified Application Counselors can assist customers with the application process to purchase health insurance and apply for tax credits to help pay for the cost of insurance premiums.
Open Enrollment Points to Remember:
- Open enrollment begins on November 1st and ends on January 15th.
- To receive assistance with applying for a health plan and applying for tax credits, please contact a Valley-Wide Certified Application Counselor by calling 1-833-350-1113 select option 2 followed by option 7, and ask to speak to an eligibility specialist. You can also call Connect for Health Colorado directly at 1-855-752-6749 or visit https://connectforhealthco.com/
- If you have an existing Marketplace plan, you may choose a different plan to fit your needs next year. A new plan must be selected by December 1st in order to have a January 1st effective date.
To speak with a Valley-Wide financial eligibility team member about other financial assistance programs offered please call 1-833-350-1113 select option 2 followed by option 7.