Valley-Wide Health Systems is dedicated to providing patients of all ages with excellent health care. We serve the residents of Southern Colorado at medical clinics in the San Luis Valley, the Arkansas Valley, Buena Vista, and Cañon City, and via a Mobile Health Unit that travels throughout the region.
We provide integrated, family health services, which include medical and dental care, behavioral health, care coordination/case management, physical therapy, and pharmacy services. Our family medicine services aim to prevent disease and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. We take what is called a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) approach to your healthcare. A PCMH is patient-centered, team-based, comprehensive, accessible and committed to safety and quality. Your healthcare team consists of you, your family, and our healthcare staff.
Our family health medical services include primary, preventive, acute, and chronic medical care for all ages, from newborns to seniors. If you are looking for a reliable local family medicine provider, read more about our medical services.
During your initial visit, your family medicine provider will review the reason for your appointment, provide any necessary examination(s), and create your personalized treatment plan. Giving each patient’s visit a personal touch allows our providers and healthcare team to deliver quality care that meets your family’s healthcare needs.
Services We Provide:
Our board-certified family physicians, physician assistants, and family nurse practitioners offer the following primary medical care services:
- Infant, child and adult preventive care services
- Well child exams, physicals, sports physicals
- Acute care – cough, sore throat, flu, illness, injuries
- Chronic illness management – Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, asthma
- Internal Medicine – complex adult illnesses
- Immunizations and vaccines
- Labs and other diagnostic tests
- Screening—cancer, depression, substance use disorders
- Communicable disease screening and treatment
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Prenatal, Obstetric and Post-Partum Care
- Care Coordination – Case Management, referrals, and navigation