Peer Support is for anyone and everyone, and Peer Specialists are here for you. We offer a safe and comfortable space for anyone who may be struggling. Are you feeling overwhelmed, stressed, isolated, or even hopeless? Our Peer Specialists have faced similar challenges in their own lives. They have learned skills to help you in your own recovery.
Support from a peer who has experienced similar struggles will help an individual find a refuge where they can talk and regain their sense of balance. Peer Specialist help individuals reduce stress and isolation, improve skills, promote positive self esteem and build support networks and connect with community resources.
What we have to offer:
- Safe and relaxing environment.
- Caring and nonjudgmental ear and shoulder to lean on.
- Peer directed self-help and educational groups.
- Inspiration and encouragement to help you succeed.
- Help to identify and address barriers to treatment and recovery.
- Skill building activities around self-confidence, decision making and boundary setting.
- Role modeling and mentoring focusing on personal growth and recovery.
- WRAP – Wellness & Recovery Action Plan – setting recovery goals and the steps to achieve those goals.
- Help connecting with local resources that aid in housing, employment, and other services.
- Assistance with building bridges between professionals and individuals to help understand one another and build rapport.