Valley-Wide Health Systems offers several special programs that complement our various service lines. These programs are designed to enhance the overall patient experience offered by our health centers. Within these programs is a commitment to ensuring we are taking care of the whole person. We work to assist every member of the family.
Our Special Programs:
Nurse Family Partnership
Empowering first-time moms to transform their lives and create a better future for themselves and their babies.
- Improving pregnancy outcomes
- Improving child health and development
- Improving self-sufficiency
Case Management & Care Coordination
Providing activities directed toward helping our patients and their families improve health care services.
- General health education
- Financial eligibility
- Medical Translation
Woman, Infants & Children (WIC)
Federally funded nutrition program that provides education for all kinds of families with children under age 5.
- Nutrition Education
- Breastfeeding support
- Healthy foods
Community Engagement Programs
Helping to bring health and wellness needs to the special populations in our communities.
- Agricultural Workers
- Homeless Population
- Conduct health screenings
Reach Out & Read
Our providers encourage parents to read aloud to their young children from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Give away books to children
- Encourages early literacy skills
- Offer reading tips to parents
Silver Linings Respite
Provides temporary relief to parents and care providers from the impacts of caring for youth with special behavioral health needs.
- Family Therapy and Support
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Training
The Coffee Break Project
A community partnership that is intended to provide mental health education, support and assistance in the rural ranching/agriculture community.
- COMET (Changing Out Mental and Emotional Trajectory) Training
- Coffee & Donuts on Monday & Wednesday
Preparing and providing clients with training, assistance, and education to help with re-entering the workforce.
- Goal Setting
- Resume Building
- Customer Service and communication
Providing safe and comfortable spaces to anyone who may be struggling with being overwhelmed, stressed or having feelings of hopelessness.
- Self-Help and Educational Groups
- Wellness & Recovery Action Planning
- Assistance with addressing life’s challenges
The Staff Sergeant Parker Gordon Fox Suicide Prevention Grant Program enables Valley-Wide to work with the VA to provide mental health support and services to Veterans and their families.
- Connection to VA and non-VA suicide prevention services
- Individualized Service Plan
- Referrals to community resources
Alamosa Rural Training Track
Provide medical education and training to Family Medicine Residents in an accredited residency program.
- Small program
- Longitudinal curriculum
- Unopposed residency
Valley-Wide offers community training courses to individuals interested in growing their knowledge and becoming support systems within their communities.
- Mental Health First Aid
- COMET Training
Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
- Organized meetings
- Opportunity to share experience with staff and providers
Rural Recovery Network
A state-funded program for medication-assisted treatment and opioid addiction recovery with a mission to help those in the San Luis Valley and Arkansas Valley (Fremont and Otero counties).
- Reduces treatment barriers
- Partnerships with medical providers and community organizations
- Various treatment options