You may want to supervise your children until they get the hang of these simple steps:
- Use a pea-sized dab of an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste. Take care that your child does not swallow the toothpaste.
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, brush the inside surface of each tooth first, where plaque may accumulate most. Brush gently back and forth.
- Clean the outer surfaces of each tooth. Angle the brush along the outer gumline. Gently brush back and forth.
- Brush the chewing surface of each tooth. Gently brush back and forth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean behind each front tooth, both top and bottom.
- It’s always fun to brush the tongue!
Check-ups should be done for children at least every 6 months. Some children will need to see a dentist every 3 months. Schedule your child’s regular check-ups by calling WIC Dental at (719) 587-1074 for an appointment.