Provided to Valley-Wide by the Otero County Health Department.
Crowley/Otero COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Details
On Wednesday, 12/30/2020 CDPHE modified vaccination Phase 1B to include, among others, individuals aged 70 and above. OCHD has been, and will continue to, visit worksites for vaccine administration to individuals in Phases 1A & 1B. In order to accommodate the aforementioned age group, OCHD will be holding a COVID-19 drive-through vaccination clinic next week for Crowley and Otero residents aged 70 and above, the details of which are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday, 1/6/2021
- Time: 1:00pm-4:00pm. The clinic will not open early.
- Location: Arkansas Valley Fairgrounds, Rocky Ford*
*Rocky Ford has been chosen as it is the most centrally located city between the cities in Crowley and Otero Counties.
- Eligible vaccinees: Crowley and Otero residents aged 70 and above
- For the purposes of this clinic, the word “vaccinee” simply refers to a person that will be or has been vaccinated.
- In order to be eligible for this clinic, you MUST have been born on or before January 6th, 1951, no exceptions.
- Please bring a valid, government issued photo I.D., such as your driver’s license or a Colorado identification card.
- Those that cannot provide proof of their birth date upon request, or their I.D. indicates they were born after January 6th, 1951 will not receive a vaccination at this clinic.
- Vaccine: Only COVID-19 vaccine will be available at this clinic, no other types of vaccine will be available. As of the time of this writing, we anticipate that we will only have approximately 150 doses available for this clinic. This clinic is strictly “first come, first served”, no exceptions.
- Offensive behavior: OCHD has already received threatening calls about the COVID-19 vaccine. Please be aware that verbally abusive/foul language and other rude, threatening, belligerent behavior toward OCHD staff and volunteers will not be tolerated. The highest standards of respect, kindness, patience, self-control, calm, understanding, etc. will be expected and required of all.
- Ongoing vaccination clinics: This will be the first of other drive-through clinics to follow.
- No pets: Please do not bring any pets in your car.
- Wait times: Anticipate potentially long wait times. Please ensure that your vehicle has adequate fuel.
- Stay in your car: When you pull up to the vaccination station, you will roll down your window and receive your shot while remaining in the car. Please ensure that you have an accessible arm next to a car window that rolls down. Please do not exit your car.
Stay tuned for more information to follow.
Richard Ritter, Executive Director
Otero County Health Department
13 West 3rd Street, Room 111
La Junta, Colorado 81050