As part of Thyroid Awareness Month, Valley-Wide Health Systems will be sharing different pieces of information around Thyroid Health and conditions associated with your thyroid.
Have you ever been confused about what your thyroid does, where it is located, or what you can do to keep it healthy? Here are some questions you can ask your physician the next time you are in for an appointment.
- Where is the thyroid located, and what does it do?
- What are the differences between hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients and what are the symptoms of each?
- What is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), how is it measured, and what should my target number be?
- What else besides TSH levels are important for making sure my thyroid condition is under control?
- Why are more people than ever being diagnosed with thyroid cancer and should I be checked for it?